Thursday, December 9, 2010

Diary of a Revolution

To be honest, today I'm battling terrible writer's block- possibly something to do with the fact that I'm sitting in a messy study and ignoring numerous household tasks that I should have done by now.
But I'm glad to say I have had some quick wins today! I did indeed tackle the ensuite, and threw out a whole garbage bag full of half used toiletries and rubbish. A whole garbage bag!!! I'm happy to report that the ensuite is now a nice peaceful uncluttered place... perhaps I should be blogging in there! :)

It's tempting to not blog on the days when you're struggling to have a good perspective. But in reality all of us have high days and low days, especially when we're at the beginning of a mountainous task, trying to make our little inroads. But even as I write, I'm reminding myself of the title of this blog- A Million Small Steps, and that it is persistence in the small steps, even when we feel we are getting nowhere, that will eventually get us to the top of our mountain.

Some quotes on persistence: to cheer myself on!

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs.  Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger.  If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.  ~Dale Carnegie

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.  ~Author Unknown

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.  ~Newt Gingrich  I like that one! Thanks Newt!

There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream.  ~Author Unknown

The race is not to the swift
   or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
   or wealth to the brilliant
   or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.  Ecclesiastes 9:11


I'm pressing on!

2 comments:

Katrina Kenison said...

Hey Juliet, Love your post, and your quotes. I tend to assume that what's hard for me is easy for everyone else; it's a comfort, always, to realize that we aren't alone after all. Today is my day to stay away from the computer and clean the house -- and believe me, that will require a million small steps. Thank you for the inspiration, and for visiting me online.

Juliet Fieldew said...

Hi Katrina, thanks for visiting my blog- I was having trouble with my settings, so I couldn't reply until now- at least not on here!
Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas!
Blessings,
Juliet.